Availability: Only 1 left in stock
Artist name: Madan Lal
Dimension: 36 inch X 48 inch
Material: Acrylic on Canvas
Year Made: 2007
Theme: Journey series
“My paintings based on anthropomorphic figures signify the journey towards the light (as in enlightenment). It is the fusion of animal and human figures that is indicative of the mix of human and animal instincts in human beings. The evolution of man from a base animal took several centuries but the man still has animal instincts.“
About the Artist: Mr. Madan Lal, is an Indian artist based in Chandigarh, the city was designed by famous architect Le Corbusier. He grew up in Ferozepur (Punjab) in northern India where the culture, heritage, motifs, landscape of his home state and its rural landscapes helped define his imagery and vocabulary on canvas.
The miniature tradition, frescoes of Ajanta and Ellora, Sufism, Buddha, all have a strong presence on the painter’s canvas, who studied applied arts at the Government College of Art, Chandigarh. Along with several other prestigious awards, Mr Lal was a recipient of the National Award by the National Lalit Kala Akademi, His works have been cited and referenced on numerous platforms. They have been appreciated by art lovers and complemented by critics.
- 2017 58th national Akademi Award by Lailt kala Akademi New Delhi
- 2016 Prafulla Dahanukar Art Foundation – Silver Medal
- 2015 Prafulla Dahanukar Art Foundation – Emerging artist Award
- 2001 All India Exhibition by Avantika, New Delhi – Gold Medal
- 2000 All India Millennium Drawings by PLKA & Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi
- 2000 All India Exhibition By AIFACS at Chandigarh.
- 2012-2018 Vice Chairman of Chandigarh Lalit Kala Academy
- 2003-2006 Secretary of Chandigarh Lalit Kala Academy
- 2000-2003 Secretary of Punjab Lalit Kala Academy
INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM / EXHIBITIONS & ART RESIDENCIES
- 3rd international CH Kalpak Art Festival, Sarkoy Turkey
- 2019 2nd International Art Fest, Nomia Boutique Hotel, Yalikavak Bodrum Turkey
- 2019 International Art Symposium, Amritsar & Jalandhar
- 2018 International Art Workshop, Lakhshdweep Island
- 2018 Zeytinli Kosk Uluslarasi Sanat International Festivali, Izmir, Turkey
- 2018 International Art Meeting Havasu Park Kumluca, Antalya,Turkey
- 2018 International Art Camp, Nirja Modi School, Jaipur2017 World Dubai Art Fair, Dubai UAE
- 2016 Colors of Pride Group Exhibition, Hotel Pullman, Creek City Centre, Dubai
- 2016 International artist camp by art colony kivevo Macedonia
- 2016 Fabriano in Acquarello, Italy
- 2014 International Art Days Baisktas, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2014 Indian art Tradition in Modernity, POSK Gallery by Atria Gallery, London
- 2013 Ethnic Concurrence, USA
- 2009 International Artist Camp by Tellus Art, Hega Park, Stockholm Sweden
- 2009 Indian & Swedish Artist by Tellus Art, Sweden
- 2008 Group Exhibition, Nehru Centre, London
- 2003 “Our Roots are Our Wings’’ , Indian Artist Network, Jakarta, Indonesia
- 2001 “Tradition to Modernity”, Kleinessen Art Gallery Fulda, Germany
Shipment: in rolled tube from Chandigarh
- India Based: Absolutely free India based shipping.
- Customers from outside India : Please send us the inquiry form below and we will share a quotation with you.
- Preferred method: Safely packed inside a rolled tube
- Incase of non availability of rolling then we will ship it in frame condition.
The GST tax of 12% is inclusive in the price shown. Hence, you won’t be taken for any surprise during checkout
We have got your back: We offer free return & refund in case of defective , damaged or wrong item delivery. Please access our complete terms : here
You can easily pay us through debit & credit cards, UPI & Internet banking and also Direct Bank transfer into our account. We have collaborated PayU fintech global company for accepting our payments.
Every work is displayed directly by our artist or from our vetted suppliers. Each work is accompanied with a ‘certificate of authenticity’.